Winter is the ideal time for sellers to start preparing their home for the flood of prospective buyers in the spring. Tackling home projects while the flurries are flying outside can boost your chances of making a quick, turnkey sale come spring!
Don’t wait until the last minute to make sure your home is ready for its close-up. Here are a few things sellers can do now to get ready for the spring:
- Contact a local reputable REALTOR for a Home Market Analysis. A REALTOR will show you comparable homes that have recently sold in your area and discuss factors that will influence price. Securing a REALTOR that you are comfortable with now and deciding on an accurate list price will allow for a focused marketing plan as soon as your home hits the market in the spring.
- Get your home inspected. Getting your home inspected prior to the spring selling season can give you more time to make repairs. Additionally, you might find it easier to find a contractor since many are looking for work during the less busy winter months.
- Give your home a once-over. Take a look at your home with a critical eye and make improvements and repairs. Advice from a REALTOR will help you focus on what’s important for a sale so you will not waste time with improvements that won’t pay off.
- Landscape. Winter is a great time to spruce up landscaping by trimming hedges and cleaning up flowerbeds.
- Declutter. Cold winter days are perfect for taking on indoor projects, such as cleaning closets. Decluttering can make a house look more spacious.
- Change paint colors. Consult a REALTOR for helpful tips on choosing paint colors that will show off your home.
- Be an early bird. To increase your chances of getting your home sold, be the first to the market before it is flooded with competition. Traditionally, Super Bowl Sunday marks the beginning of the spring Real Estate Market.
In southeastern PA, northern Delaware and northern Maryland, the Brokerage to contact is Beiler-Campbell Realtors & Appraisers, who offers Home Market Analysis’ at no charge. This locally owned brokerage has a track record of over 45 years of successful business, in all market climates. Partnering with a Brokerage that knows the market inside and out is vital for a smooth spring home sale.